Don’t hesitate to join our full day Medical Emergency course that will answer all your questions.
We’ll help you achieve confidence in both the practical and theoretical aspects of Medical Emergency.
To provide training in adult and pediatric basic life support and advice on equipment and drugs.
The training will provide an efficient and safe evaluation of patients presenting at the Dental Practice with a wide spectrum of patient declared the emergency. The candidates will also refine and demonstrate those skills and elaborate further on how they will be put in practice and use effectively.
With the wide range of clinical experience and “hands-on” teaching sessions, the candidates will develop and demonstrate an ability to perform a variety of medical emergency treatment in practice.
By the end of the training session the participants should be able to:
- Identify at risk and seriously ill patients using the ABCDE approach.
- Describe how to take a blood glucose measurement from a patient.
- Identify the appropriate drugs to use in an emergency.
- Complete a progress assessment on the ABCDE approach.
- Carry out an initial assessment of an unconscious patient.
- Identify the appropriate help required.
- Place the patient into the recovery position.
- Monitor the patient using the ABCDE approach
- Describe the safe administration of oxygen
- Be aware of the treatment for choking
- Identify the most suitable method of establishing an airway depending on the clinical status of a patient
- Identify when to carry out basic life support
- Explain how to carry out basic life support
- Practice basic life support skills on adults and children
- Safely use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Develop a standardised approach to managing a sick or critically ill patient
- Develop the confidence and competence as a team member in initiating basic life support and the safe use of an AED
- Consolidate all the aspects of the self-instructed learning programme
- Enable the safe handover to the patient to the ambulance team
Be competent at carrying out resuscitation techniques, emergencies and provide immediate management of anaphylactic reaction, hypoglycemia, upper respiratory obstruction, cardiac arrest, fits, vasovagal attack, inhalation or ingestion of foreign bodies, and haemorrhage.
Be familiar with the principles of first aid and the approach to symptom-based diagnosis.
Please note that upon successful completion of attendance, a verifiable CPD certificate of 4 hours will be issued to all candidates.
This one day course covers:
- Basic life support
- All possible medical emergencies
- Adrenocortical insufficiency
- Myocardial infarction
- Vasovagal syncope
- Needlestick injury
Train on all available equipment:
- Oxygen cylinder
- Face mask
- Oropharyngeal airwary
- Intramuscular injection
- All basic medication
- Basic Life Support & Medical Examination
- One to one feedback and evaluation
- Study material will be provided at the end of the session
- Challenge yourself on timing, efficiency, and accuracy and we will be there to guide you throughout the course
Course fee: £100
Course timing: 4.00 pm – 8:00 pm
79 College Road,
*Maximum 9 candidates
Dear colleagues, I would like to give my feedback about ME. It is very intensive and well-structured course.I highly recommend it to all my friends.